Twiga Foods is looking to hire Area Managers, who will be responsible for ensuring that quality products are sourced from farmers and delivered to our Pack House.
We are looking for self-motivated, proactive and strategic thinkers, who will be accountable for output and drive performance in their assigned area.
This role reports to the Sourcing Manager with key responsibilities as follows:
- Achieving targets: By ensuring that all collection centers appointed to them are receiving the optimum number of product, products are of required top standard quality, continuously increasing harvest volumes as well as increasing the number of farmers served in their area.
- Team Management: Providing leadership and guidance to the field sourcing team, ensuring that they understand what their targets are, how to go about achieving that and the expected reward.In addition, disciplining those in the team who are not conducting themselves as per Twiga’s guidelines.
- Asset Management: Responsible for maintaining: vehicles & motorbikes, center premises, mobile handsets, crates and any other assets as may be allocated to his/her collection centers.
- Relationship Management: Ensuring that farmers in his/her area served by Twiga’s are satisfied by the services we offer. This is to be achieved by routinely visiting farmers in his/her area to get a pulse of farmers satisfaction levels and addressing any issues that may arise.
- Business Development: As an authority on his area, advise the business on the fastest route to market expansion as well as any operational changes that would positively impact product volumes in his/her area.
Does this sound like you?
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in route to market penetration.
- Experience in scaling up operations and business markets
- Experience establishing discipline, planning and operational routines to drive performance
- Experience translating KPIs to teams to get buy in and results
- Supervisory/team management experience – led a team of 5+ people
- A valid certificate of good conduct and possess a valid driving license with class BCE, F and G.
- Proficiency in all applications of Microsoft office suite.